Geoffrey L. Kelsaw, Voice Instructor
a native of Fort Wayne, IN,
BS degree in Music Technology & Recording
University of Indianapolis
Geoffrey is the founder and owner of Kelsaw’s Music Study. His passion keeps him committed to providing excellence with expertise, dependability, quality, and consistency as a standard for insuring customer satisfaction.
Mr. Kelsaw currently serves as a full-time Minister of Music at the Mount Zion Baptist Church, Indianapolis, IN, University of Indianapolis as Choral Director of the Voices of Worship and teaching Soulful Singing private voice lessons. Kelsaw has served as Adjunct Faculty Indiana Purdue University Indianapolis teaching Voice class and Black Music in America, Choral Director Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN (Black Voices Of Inspiration) and Christian Theological Seminary, Indianapolis, IN (Gospel Choir). He also has served as Choral Director of the Oaklandon elementary Boy’s Choir.
For twelve years, Kelsaw served as the Minister of Music at Pilgrim Baptist Church, Fort Wayne, IN, the church of his yesteryears. During his tenure, the Pilgrim Baptist Music department performed with the Fort Wayne Philharmonic Orchestra four times. With such opportunities, Kelsaw conducted both the orchestra and the choir simultaneously. For ten years, Kelsaw directed the Taylor University Gospel Choir of Upland, IN, serving the campus as an adjunct faculty member. When the university expanded to include a Fort Wayne campus, he was sought out to instruct the local Gospel Choir at that location. Between 1997 and 2000, both choral groups have performed independently and jointly at various concerts.
While residing in Fort Wayne, Kelsaw had the pleasure of holding the position of Board Member of the Fort Wayne Philharmonic Orchestra for 2 consecutive 3-year terms. As the committee chairperson of Community Outreach, he coordinated programs that focused on the board's goal to increase the local community awareness and appreciation for the Arts. His love of music propelled him to serve as a Board Member of the Heartland Chamber Chorale. Teaching in the public school arena began with an opportunity to direct Snider High School's African-American Choral Ensemble in the mid 1980's. This group appeared in concert for varying occasions. Other similar engagements called upon him to appear as a guest director and pianist for several elementary school music programs. As a strong supporter in developing community awareness and expanding youth participation in the Arts, Kelsaw provided students musical exposure through the Fort Wayne, IN Urban League/Arts United Caps on Violence Program.
Additional involvement includes:
- Accompanying the Fort Wayne Youth For Christ Community Mass Choir
- Director of a community choir that participated in concert with recording artist Larnelle Harris
- providing private instrumental and vocal lessons
- provide a musical backdrop for formal, social gatherings,
- Conducted lectures for Church Music Workshops of the Progressive National Baptist Convention and MLK State Convention of Indiana
- Minister of Music of the Union District Association
- Orchestrate score notation for all choral and instrument arrangements
- Performed along with Purdue’s Black Voices of Inspiration at the famous Sylvia’s restaurant and Jimmy’s Uptown of Harlem, NY
- Director of Redemption 08’ Gospel Choir which performed with recording artist Steve Green
- Performed the National Anthem at the Military Inauguration Ball for President Obama
- Choral Director of Barry Manilow's One Last Time Performance Indianapolis, IN March 2016